The journey to buying a home is an incredibly exciting one but it is also said to be one of the most stressful processes we go through in life, as it can be complex, lengthy and holds huge financial implications. However, with a new build home, some of these stresses can be eliminated due to the following:
- The price of a new build home will not increase. There is no fighting to get to the top and no ferocious negotiations.
- With a new build home, there is no chain. You are the first to own, live in and enjoy the property – with no previous owners, you have one less thing to worry about!
- Forget peeling off previous wallpaper, trying to cover blue tac marks or attempting to hide old stains as with a new build home, you can enjoy a clean blank canvas ready for you to decorate to add your own personal touch!
- There’s no gazumping with a new build home. Once you reserve your new build home, it is yours. It comes straight off the market and no-one else can have it.
- There are no big renovation projects required with a new build home. It is brand new, bright and shiny, and includes numerous high-quality integrated appliances such as an oven, dishwasher and fridge/freezer.
So, how does the process of buying a new-build home actually work?
- Let’s say you have viewed a new build property, fallen in love with it and are set on getting the keys. If you are in a “proceedable” position (i.e. you have sold your existing property, have nothing to sell or are a First Time Buyer), the first step is to reserve your new home with the Storey Homes’ sales team by signing a reservation agreement form and paying a part-refundable fee. This means the home is no longer on the market and nobody else can buy it.
- During the construction process, Storey Homes will provide regular updates on the progress of your property and you will be invited to view the home – this is a very exciting stage as you can watch your home start to take shape!
- As moving day can be incredibly busy and you will have lots to think about, we invite you to a demonstration day just before. You will get to meet the site manager, have a look around your home and be shown how all the appliances and features work.
- The day you have waited for…Moving Day! During this time, our team will be on hand to answer any questions you have and give advice wherever and whenever it is needed.
- Even after you have the keys and have started to unpack, our customer care team are still here to support you and offer any assistance required.
It is as simple as that! Buying a new build home is an easy, enjoyable and straight forward process and results in a beautiful home for you to thrive in.