Local Summer Holiday Survival Guide
Summer is fast approaching which means that hopefully the sun will make an appearance, the days are getting longer and the woolly jumpers have finally been put to the back of the wardrobe. For parents faced with the long school summer holidays and those wanting to fill their weekends with local outdoor activities which will not break the bank, we’ve done your research for you.
Here we reveal our top summer days out, all within easy reach of our development, Bidwell Mews in Houghton Regis.
- Perfect for families but also anyone who loves to see extraordinary animals roaming around, Woburn Safari Park is a great option for a fun-filled day out. The drive-through safari park is set on 300 acres of land and is home to endangered and exotic animals. With plenty of interactive activities, informative exhibitions and a fantastic café, it’s easy to spend the whole day here.
- With a backdrop of 42 acres of beautiful scenery, Houghton Hall Park offers an ideal setting for picnics and family friendly events. You’ll find adult running clubs, buggy exercise groups and junior fitness classes here and the visitor centre hosts creative workshops, market stalls and is also a wonderful community space.
- Here the fun doesn’t stop of it’s raining. Snakes and Ladders is a brilliant adventure-filled choice for those with young children, and no, we do not mean the board game! Children who visit this huge three-tiered soft play centre will burn some serious energy and have a great time.
- For a fascinating day-out, visit Stockwood Discovery Centre. Visitors here learn more about local history, view Europe’s largest horse-drawn carriage collection and enjoy the sculpture garden which is filled with beautiful flowers and plants, all for free!
- Walks, walks and more walks! There is a huge choice of glorious fields, woods and trails surrounding Bidwell Mews, so get your comfy shoes on, grab a water bottle and get outside! For a waterside walk head to the River Lea or for a stroll across rolling hills visit Dunstable Downs or Whipsnade Heath.
There’s so much to enjoy right on the doorstep of Bidwell Mews. With a host of exciting activities, and beautiful parks to prevent the dreaded words: “I’m bored!”, the summer holidays will be memorable and everyone will return to school revived and rested.